Hope Lutheran Church was formally organized on January 15, 1947. The first worship service was conducted February, 23rd on 12th Street and Greenwood. We have had six senior pastors over our 73-year history.
Growth resulted in multiple expansions over the years. The original church building was completed and dedicated April 23, 1950. The Christian Education building was designed and built in 1962. Ground breaking for our current house of worship took place March 12, 1967 with the dedication taking place January 28, 1968.
An expansion of the narthex and remodeling of the fellowship hall, classrooms and installation of new lighting was dedicated on October 27, 2002. Today, our congregation consists of six hundred families. Hope Lutheran Church is a member of The Lutheran Church - Missouri Synod.